Squeeze It Contest FAQs
Which requirements are necessary to participate?
The fourth edition of Squeeze It is open to young contestants under the age of 30: so, all participants (group members included) must be born after July 23, 1993. They must be born in EU member states and in CEI member states:
– EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
– Central European Initiative: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
Can I participate as an individual or as part of a group?
You can participate with only one project, either as an individual or as a group.
Student projects and projects submitted by groups made up of people from the three areas of investigation (Theatre, Visual Arts and Digital Technology) are encouraged.
What to submit?
A project for staging an original and unpublished, low-budget and small format theatrical performance, that encompasses the languages and themes of contemporary visual arts and gives specific attention to the artistic potential of digital technology.
The theatrical performance must fit in a 4m x 4m x 4m space and should last no longer than 16 minutes.
Why preparing a good video clip is important?
This video clip will possibly be selected to be online voted for the Online Squeeze It Award and you can win this award and be invited to attend the workshop in Trieste and if you win the Franco Jesurun Award it will possibly be used as inspiration for the realization of the final video.
What’s the application procedure?
Applications are processed exclusively online through the completion of the form available at www.triestecontemporanea.it.
There is no fee for applying and all the application documents must be in English.
What is the deadline for the application?
The application must be submitted by 11:59 pm of July 23, 2023 (CET time).
How many awards does the contest consist of?
Online Squeeze It Award 2023
– At the beginning of August, a short list of the best video clips submitted together with the application will be chosen by the jury for the online vote.
– These video clips will be announced and published on the website www.triestecontemporanea.it at the beginning of August. The online viewer will be able to vote from 5 to 20 August 2023, 11:59 pm (CET time). The author/s of the video clip which will receive the highest number of online votes will win the award.
– The winner (individual or up to 2 members) will be invited in Trieste to attend the finalists’ workshop, to screen their video in the final evening and attend the award ceremony.
Franco Jesurun Award 2023
– At the beginning of August, it will be communicated the list of the theatrical performances decided by the jury to be performed in Trieste for the Franco Jesurun Award.
– Final Evening and Contest Award Ceremony: The selected finalists will present their theatrical performance in presence of the jury, in Trieste in a Final Evening on September 10, 2023. At the end of the theatrical performances the jury will decide the winner of the Franco Jesurun Award 2023 and the Contest Award Ceremony will be held.
– Production of the winner’s video: From the winning theatrical performance awarded the Franco Jesurun Award, the organizers will produce a video work by the winning applicant/s and the 2023 guest director Vladimir Nikolić.
When will the jury meet and their decision be published?
At the beginning of August, the international jury will meet and
– the list of finalist projects selected by the jury to be performed in Trieste for the Franco Jesurun Award will be communicated
– the video clips selected by the jury for being online voted for the Online Squeeze it Award will be announced and published on the website www.triestecontemporanea.it.
What is the deadline for Online Squeeze it Award voting?
The online viewer will be able to vote until 11:59 pm of August 20, 2023 (CET time).
Who can participate to the workshop in Trieste?
The selected finalists and the winner of the online vote will be invited to participate in a 3-day workshop to be held in Trieste around the date of the finals.